UKRI supports collaboration between universities, research centres, business, the public sector and civil society.
This collaboration is essential so that:
- the UK has a thriving research and innovation system
- businesses, the public sector and civil society have access to the best research, to inform the work they do
- skills and knowledge are used in the best way to address major national and global challenges, from climate change to levelling up
UKRI also supports international collaboration.
Collaboration opportunities we offer include:
- funding, for example through Knowledge Transfer Partnerships
- partnerships, such as with industry or policymakers
- knowledge exchange
- innovation opportunities.