Unlocking the physics of life
If you cannot open or read this document, you can ask for a different format.
Request a different format
Email firstname.lastname@example.org, telling us:
- the name of the document
- what format you need
- any assistive technology you use (such as type of screen reader).
Find out about our approach to the accessibility of our website.
The first phase of this programme has seen researchers using new approaches from physics to address key life-science problems including:
- how bacteria resist antibiotics
- how air pollution affects the cells in our lungs
- how plants know when it’s safe to flower
- how moths change sound waves to camouflage themselves from predators.