The Creative Catalyst is a £30 million programme, providing end-to-end innovation support for projects by high-potential micro and small companies in the creative industries sector.
The programme for 2023 to 2024
Innovate UK (part of UK Research and Innovation) will invest up to £10 million in innovation projects for micro and small companies in the UK, in the first phase of the programme.
The programme is for UK-registered micro and small companies that either:
- are from the creative industries
- support the creative industries sector
Successful applicants will get up to £50,000, alongside a package of phased non-financial support to grow their business. This includes:
- priority access to Innovate UK’s Global Business Innovation Programme, which will give grant awardees the chance to visit emerging international markets, to collaborate, build their networks and find future opportunities for business
- inclusion in the Innovate UK KTN peer-to-peer network, which will provide access to events, stakeholders and other scaling companies to engage with, build collaborations and gain insights from
- the opportunity to solve problems large organisations are facing through open innovation funding, which will call out to the creative industries for collaborative projects working with our grant awardees on solutions. This will be a collaboration with Creative UK
- continued support through Innovate UK EDGE, which gives one-to-one business growth support, tailored to business needs
- access to a programme of specialised support and accelerating opportunities for investment and Innovate UK’s connections to investors
The funded projects will focus on one or more of the following creative industries subsectors:
- advertising and marketing
- arts and culture
August 2023: cohort 1 kick off projects.
January 2024: applications open for the next round of funding.