EPSRC launched a call for Centres for Doctoral Training (CDTs) on 17 January 2018, with the outcome announcement made on 4 February 2019. Seventy-five Centres were funded to support five cohorts of students, with the first students starting in autumn 2019. The call documents (outline and full proposal) provide a record of the call process.
Alongside the EPSRC CDT exercise, UKRI made an additional investment in research training of relevance to Artificial Intelligence (AI). This investment supported 16 UKRI AI CDTs. The call documents (outline and full proposal) provide a record of the call process.
The 2018 CDTs have a requirement to provide the following to their students:
- cohort-based training in areas where both breadth and depth of research training are required
- training in responsible research and innovation (RRI).
The 2018 CDTs also have a requirement to embed equality, diversity and inclusion (EDI) into all aspects of the research and training practices. More information can be found on our equality and diversity pages.
If you want to find out more you can:
- explore our infographic about our funded centres on the UK Government Web Archive
- read the report
- read about the town meeting
- view the presentation slides
Contact us for more information
Ask for more information about the 2018 CDT exercise
Last updated: 30 June 2022