Browse the higher education provider grant tables 2022 to 2023. These show the basis for allocations of quality-related research (QR) and Higher Education Innovation Funding (HEIF) grants for each provider.
See the general supporting information for the:
- technical guidance for QR and HEIF grants
- grant letter template
- grant tables for the whole sector
- grant tables by government region
See the Research England terms and conditions for 2022 to 2023 .
See the QR funding: supporting information for 2022 to 2023, including:
- mainstream QR funding and London weighting for 2022 to 2023
- QR research degree programme (RDP) supervision funding for 2022 to 2023
- QR charity support fund and QR business research element for 2022 to 2023
- assignment of Research Excellence Framework (REF) 2021 units of assessment to Research England research cost bands and Higher Education Statistics Agency (HESA) cost centres
- data sources for recurrent research funding
- example of the calculation of quality-weighted volume used in the mainstream QR funding method
- worked example for QR RDP supervision funding
See the HEIF: supporting information for 2022 to 2023, including:
- HEIF funding allocations for 2022 to 2023
- income data used in HEIF allocations 2022 to 2023
- data sources for HEIF 2022 to 2023
See the Knowledge Exchange: business and commercialisation policy.