The ethics, regulation and public involvement committee was established to provide the MRC council with expert ethical advice on a wide range of issues relating to medical research.
The role of the committee
- To advise council on policy concerning the conduct of research involving human participants (including personal information and human biological material) and animals, with respect to:
- legislation and regulation
- other related matters that may be referred to it by council
- To advise council on issues or initiatives involving the public (such as major public consultations, public dialogue activities, and public involvement in MRC business)
- To maintain an overview of published MRC ethics guidance on the conduct of research that involves human participants or animals
- To advise council on MRC’s support for the Nuffield Council on Bioethics.
This committee is currently not meeting.
For further information
Last updated: 17 August 2023