The day-to-day management of the Medical Research Council (MRC) is overseen by our Executive Board, a decision-making body and discussion forum chaired by the executive chair.
The terms of reference for the board are to manage operations where policy and decisions have major importance for the delivery of our objectives and for our key stakeholder relationships.
The main areas of responsibility are to:
- monitor our performance and delivery and to determine control strategies to mitigate risk
- take policy and operational decisions or make recommendations to the council where authority rests with the latter
- exchange, generate and develop ideas and provide advice as appropriate
Executive Board members
- Professor Patrick Chinnery, Executive Chair, MRC
- Robin Buckle, Chief Science Officer, MRC
- Hugh Dunlop, Chief Operating and Finance Officer, MRC
- Susan Simon, Director of Capital and Estates, MRC
- Claire Newland, Director of Policy, Ethics and Governance, MRC
- Jonathan Pearce, Director of Strategy and Planning, MRC
Last updated: 5 October 2023