The Arts and Humanities Research Council’s (AHRC) advisory board provides advice to AHRC and its Council on strategies for research, innovation, training, knowledge transfer, impact, evaluation, and international engagement.
This reflects AHRC’s vision and remit as well as the most important national, European and global needs and challenges facing arts and humanities research.
The advisory board is chaired by a member of the AHRC Council, and its membership is made up of academics and representatives from non-Higher Education Institution research communities.
- Professor Adrienne Scullion is Faculty Pro-Vice-Chancellor, Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences, Queen’s University, Belfast
- Professor Helen Abbott is Professor of Modern Languages and Head of School of Languages, Cultures, Art History and Music, University of Birmingham
- Professor Dana Arnold is Professor of Art History, University of East Anglia
- Professor Diamond Ashiagbor is Professor of Law and Director of Postgraduate Research, University of Kent
- Christopher Baker is Director European and Scottish Art and Portraiture, National Galleries of Scotland
- Professor Kirsti Bohata is Professor of English Literature, Swansea University
- Dr Gavin Brookes is Senior Research Fellow in Corpus Linguistics, Lancaster University
- Jane Ellison is an Independent Consultant, Broadcasting & Media
- Professor Martyn Evans is Pro Vice Chancellor Arts & Humanities, Director of Manchester of Art, Manchester Metropolitan University
- Professor Paul Grainge is Professor of Film and Television Studies and Academic Director for Digital Nottingham, University of Nottingham
- Professor Genevieve Liveley is Professor of Classics, RISCS Fellow, and Turing Fellow University of Bristol
- Maja Maricevic is Head of Higher Education & Science, The British Library
- Professor Sandeep Parmar is a poet and Professor of English, University of Liverpool
- Professor Jennifer Richards is Director of the Humanities Research Institute and Joseph Cowen Professor of English Literature, Newcastle University
- Heather Stewart is Director Emeritus, British Film Institute
- Professor Stuart Taberner is Dean for Interdisciplinary Research and Professor of Contemporary German Literature, Thought and Society, University of Leeds
Last updated: 12 April 2022