Our work is overseen by a council, which sets overall objectives and direction. The Council meets 6 times a year.
Innovate UK Council
Members have a range of expertise in research and innovation that is drawn across business, entrepreneurship, investment, technology, economics and business impact evaluation. They also have different characteristics and professional backgrounds.
See all members of Innovate UK council.
Council meeting minutes
Review all meeting minutes from 2022.
Review all meeting minutes from 2021.
Meetings from before this date are available on the UK Government Web Archive.
Innovate UK senior leadership team
Our senior leadership team leads the organisation’s multi-faceted teams to deliver our objectives within the government’s innovation strategy.
Senior leadership team members
The members are:
- Indro Mukerjee – Chief Executive Officer
- Rob Shaw – Chief of Staff
- Simon Edmonds – Executive Director, Strategy, Place and Impact
- Mike Biddle – Executive Director, Net Zero
- Guy Woolley – Chief Operating Officer
- Will Drury – Executive Director, Digital and Technology
- Sarah Goulding – Executive Director, Healthy Living and Agriculture (job share)
- Katrina Hayter – Executive Director, Healthy Living and Agriculture (job share)
- Neil Phimister – Director of Finance
- Kirsty Hewitson – Interim Chief Executive Officer, Innovate UK KTN
Last updated: 1 February 2023