Find out more about our councils, boards and groups.
The MRC council is responsible both for advising the MRC executive chair and making decisions, as delegated to it by the UKRI board, on scientific, research and innovation matters.
MRC legacy council
The MRC legacy council remains a legal entity for the purpose of transferring assets to UKRI.
Executive chair and management board
The day-to-day management of the MRC is overseen by our management board, a decision-making body and discussion forum chaired by the executive chair.
Strategy board advises the executive chair and council on areas requiring scientific strategic input and holds a strategic budget to enable timely funding for new strategic initiatives.
Major investments board
The major investments board brings together the chairs of MRC’s research boards, representatives from the MRC management board, MRC Council and independent members to provide horizon-scanning, review, and oversight of MRC’s major investments portfolio.
Find contact details, membership and terms of reference for our overview groups:
- infrastructure and capital strategic advisory group
- translational research group
- population health sciences group
- data science strategic advisory group
- longitudinal population studies strategic advisory panel
- ethics, regulation and public involvement committee
- office for strategic coordination of health research
- training and careers group.
Last updated: 15 August 2022