The plans and strategies contained in this section provide details of STFC’s future developments and direction and its priorities and plans.
It also includes some performance measures, as well as details of grants, fellowships and studentships supported by STFC.
- STFC delivery plan and strategic documents
- Programme evaluation
- FEL strategy
- 2021 detectors and instrumentation strategy
STFC runs a managed programme of activities including grant-funded research, STFC-run facilities and departments, and international subscriptions.
Strategic reviews ensure that funded activities continue to meet the Council’s strategy and that there is capacity and flexibility to take advantage of strategically important future opportunities.
- Developing a world class research programme
- Balance of programmes exercise
- 2021 detectors and instrumentation strategic review
- 2017 UK radio astronomy strategic review
- 2017 accelerator strategic review
- Programmatic review
- Neutron strategic review
- E-infrastructure strategy
- Exoplanets UK review
Last updated: 12 May 2022