Applicants should ensure they are aware of and comply with any internal institutional deadlines that may be in place. You should prepare and submit your proposal using the Joint electronic Submission system (Je-S).
How to use Je-S
When adding a new proposal, you should go to documents, select ‘new document’, then select:
- ‘create new document’
- council: EPSRC
- document type: standard proposal
- scheme: standard
On the ‘project details’ page you should select ‘Feasibility Studies: Digital Solutions for Energy Demand Reduction and Carbon Production’
Please include the phrase ‘Siemens-EPSRC’ at the beginning of your grant title so that we can identify it as a proposal to this funding opportunity.
Your host organisation’s administration is required to complete the submission process.
After completing the application you must ‘submit document’, which will send your application to your host organisation’s administration.
Applicants should allow sufficient time for your organisation’s submission process between submitting your proposal to them and the opportunity closing date
EPSRC must receive your application by 16:00 on 7 October 2021.
As well as the Joint Electronic Submission (Je-S) application form, the following documents must be submitted:
- case for support (four pages, one on your track record and three on the scientific case)
- workplan (one page)
- justification of resources (one page).
The following are only required where appropriate:
- CVs, up to two A4 sides each only for named:
- postdoctoral staff
- researcher-co-investigators (research assistants who have made a substantial contribution to the proposal and will be employed on the project for a significant amount of time)
- visiting researchers
- letters of support from all project partners included in the Je-S form (no page limit)
- technical assessments for facilities listed as requiring one in the Je-S guidance (no page limit)
- cover letter (optional attachment, no page limit, not seen by peer review).
You should attach your documents as PDFs to avoid errors. They should be completed in single-spaced Arial 11 font or similar-sized sans serif typeface.
Advice on writing proposals.
Please note that on submission to EPSRC all non-PDF documents uploaded onto Je-S are converted to PDF. The use of non-standard fonts may result in errors or font conversion, which could affect the overall length of the document, typeface or font size.
Please ensure you take extra care when converting to PDFs.
EPSRC will reject proposals that do not meet EPSRC formatting guidelines (for example, correct font size, typeface or margins) or where documents have been assigned to the incorrect attachment type. Where non-required documents have been attached or where mandatory documents are missing applications will be rejected.
EPSRC will not fund a project if it believes that there are ethical concerns that have been overlooked or not appropriately accounted for. All relevant parts of the ethical information section must be completed.
Guidance on completing ethical information in the Je-S form.
EPSRC guidance can be found under ‘additional information’.