Applications will be submitted via a Je-S proforma.
Applications which include multiple institutions must be submitted on a single Je-S proforma. Applications submitted on multiple forms will not be accepted.
Applicants must complete all sections of the Je-S proforma.
Please download the call guidance (PDF, 169KB) and 100% FEC exceptions spreadsheet (Excel, 29KB) to ensure you have all the information you need before you begin your application.
Documents to include
Proposals must include the following attachments:
Case for support
The case for support (up to a maximum of eight sides of A4, the page length includes references, figures and so on) should include the following information:
- track record of the principal investigator and, if applicable, the co-investigator
- the intended focus of the proposed network, clearly articulating how the network will achieve the expected outcomes and scope of the call
- the proposed network management structure:
- how will the network operate?
- what will be the roles of the network director, co-director and management board?
- how will the network build an interdisciplinary community?
- who will comprise the membership of the network?
- what will be the spread of disciplines, expertise, capabilities and infrastructure in the network?
- how will the network engage with members and stakeholders in partner countries?
- how will the network engage members with a range of disciplines and experience?
- what activities or events will the network organise?
- how will new members be able to join the network?
- what are the expected outcomes and outputs of the network?
- how will the proposed network add value above and beyond existing activities?
The application should include all standard attachments:
- data management plan (max one side A4)
- diagrammatic work plan (max one side A4)
- justification of resources (max two sides A4).
Information about how to complete these documents is available from the BBSRC website.
Additional documentation to include with the application
The following documents should be uploaded using the attachment type ‘Other attachment’:
100% full economic cost exceptions spreadsheet
Costs requested at 100% full economic cost (FEC) (see ‘Eligible costs’) should be detailed in the 100% FEC exceptions spreadsheet (available as a link in ‘Additional info’ section of the call announcement). The calculated total value of exceptions must be entered under the ‘Exceptions’ heading on the Je-S proforma.
The principal investigator, co-investigator and members of the network management board should provide their CVs, which must be no more than two sides A4 per person.
List of the initial members of the network management board
An expanded table of the initial members of the network management board should be submitted using the format below. For the “Expertise” column please state the participants’ general area of expertise, for example: veterinary science, medical science, social science, policy, industry and so on.
Letters of support
Letters of support should be provided by the following:
- each member of the management board
- project partners offering in kind or cash contributions
- head of department or equivalent from the lead institution.