UK registered academic institutions, research and technology organisations (RTO) or catapults can apply for a share of up to £8 million to fund innovation projects with businesses or not-for-profits.
Funding opportunity sorting options
115 opportunities found using the current filters, sorted by publication date
Funding opportunity list
Apply for global health funding to reduce the risk of non-communicable diseases through implementation research.
- be based at a UK research organisation eligible for UKRI funding
- work in partnership with co-investigators based in low or middle income countries (LMICs) where the work will take place.
Your research must:
- take a life course approach
- focus on people aged 10 to 24 in LMICs.
Up to £5,000,000 is available (subject to quality). We expect to fund several projects.
Apply for funding to develop new and existing partnerships with researchers in Switzerland.
- be currently in receipt of an active UKRI grant for the materials, synthetic biology, or life and physical sciences interface themes
- have been a UKRI grant holder for the languages theme (within the last five years of the closing date).
Apply for funding to undertake small-scale activities related to scientific ocean drilling.
You must be based at a UK research organisation eligible for UKRI funding.
Activities could include:
- workshops or events
You can apply for this scheme at any time during the current phase of the research programme (2020 to 2024).
Apply for funding to develop your skills and exchange knowledge through the UKRI Innovation Scholars programme. This secondment opportunity is focused on architecture and design.
You must be:
- a resident in the UK
- employed by a UK organisation eligible for UKRI funding
- able to carry out research at a postdoctoral level (or equivalent).
You can be at any stage in your career.
Apply for funding to create new global partnerships in areas of environmental science.
This opportunity is for principal investigators or new investigators. You must be based at a UK organisation eligible for UKRI finding.
Apply for funding to improve capability across molecular, data, agricultural and environmental sciences.
You must be based at an organisation eligible for UKRI funding.
Your application should outline innovative activities that:
- build collaborations that lead to the creation of interdisciplinary research communities
- has the capacity to impact a challenge with ‘real world’ implications.
UK registered businesses can apply for a share of up to £3 million for the purpose of developing innovative proposals with Singapore.
Apply for a grant to support new partnerships between diverse groups of researchers in neurosciences and mental health.
- be based at a UK research organisation eligible for MRC funding, this includes MRC units and centres
- have at least a postgraduate degree.
Apply for funding to help you become an internationally recognised research leader in your field.
Your research can focus on any area of MRC’s remit to improve human health.
- be a registered healthcare professional
- have a PhD or equivalent
- have previous experience leading research funded by a UK or international funding organisation
- be managing your own independent research group.