From our office in Washington DC, we work with US and Canadian federal funding bodies and endowment funds to create an environment that fosters research and innovation collaboration.
By working in alignment with the UK Science and Innovation Network and other UK government bodies, we present a coordinated picture of the UK’s research resources and expertise in the US and Canada.
Find out about the impact of our work
Our work fosters dialogue between funders and leads to new collaborations between researchers and innovators in the UK and North America.
Through such collaborations, international teams can maximise the social, health, environmental and economic impact of their work. Find out more about the impact of:
- UK-Canada collaboration – read a snapshot (PDF, 1.4MB) or case studies (PDF, 4.6MB)
- UK-US collaboration – read a snapshot (PDF, 1.7MB) or case studies (PDF, 6.4MB).
Find funding opportunities
If you’re a researcher or business in Canada, the US or the UK, and you’re interested in transatlantic collaboration, you can search the Funding finder for opportunities. These include:
- schemes to support international research collaborations
- innovation support for businesses working with overseas partners
- exchanges and networking schemes for doctoral students and researchers.
You can also find out about how UKRI supports international research and innovation collaborations.
Get travel information
You can also find out more about getting a visa to work on research in the UK.
UKRI North America
3100 Massachusetts Avenue NW
Washington DC 20008-3600
Email us to sign up for UKRI North America’s quarterly newsletter.