Our Executive Committee provides strategic advice to the UKRI Board and is the day-to-day coordinating body for UKRI activity. It provides leadership across the councils and ensures collaboration on strategy and operational matters.
The committee is chaired by the Chief Executive and includes the Executive Chairs of the nine UKRI councils.
- Professor Dame Ottoline Leyser – Chief Executive, UKRI
- Siobhan Peters – Chief Finance Officer, UKRI
- Tim Bianek – Chief Operating Officer, UKRI
- Emma Lindsell and Isobel Stephen – Executive Director of Strategy, Communications, Analysis & Governance, UKRI
- Professor Christopher Smith – Executive Chair, Arts and Humanities Research Council
- Professor Melanie Welham – Executive Chair, Biotechnology and Biological Sciences Research Council
- Professor Alison Park – Interim Executive Chair, Economic and Social Research Council
- Professor Lynn Gladden – Executive Chair, Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council
- Indro Mukerjee – CEO, Innovate UK
- Professor John Iredale – Interim Exec Chair, Medical Research Council
- Professor Duncan Wingham – Executive Chair, Natural Environment Research Council
- David Sweeney – Executive Chair, Research England
- Professor Mark Thomson, Executive Chair, Science and Technology Facilities Council.
The following attend Executive Committee in an advisory capacity as observers:
- Chris Ball – Interim Chief People Officer
- Katrina Nevin-Ridley – Director of External Relations, Communications and Public Engagement.
Last updated: 12 May 2022