At UKRI we believe that everyone has a right to be treated with dignity and respect, and to be provided with equal opportunities to flourish and succeed in an environment that enables them to do so. We also value diversity of thought and experience within inclusive groups, organisations and the wider community.
To maintain the UK’s world-leading position in this field, we want to become even better at attracting and nurturing people from the widest possible pool, and enabling them to fulfil their career ambitions.
We believe we can inspire, engage with and learn from all our people to maximise the benefits that diversity of thought and experience can provide.
We believe that everyone has the right to be treated with dignity and respect and are committed to:
- eliminating discrimination and advancing equality of opportunity
- identifying and removing barriers to employment and progression
- building a culture that values openness, fairness and transparency.
As an equal opportunities employer, we welcome applications from all sections of the community, in accordance with the Equality Act 2010.
We guarantee to interview all applicants with a disability who meet the minimum criteria of a vacancy and will make necessary adjustments to do so.
More about our work in promoting EDI
For more information on how we’re supporting equality, diversity and inclusion in the UKRI workforce:
- read our equality, diversity and inclusion policy (PDF, 73KB)
- find out more about our work in promoting EDI
- meet the members of our external EDI advisory group
- learn how we’re tackling the gender pay gap
- read our other employment policies for staff.
Last updated: 19 October 2021