Research England allocates funding to English higher education providers (HEPs).
The majority of this is formula-based block grant funding, but there are some competitive streams.
Find out more about how Research England funding works.
Each year the UK government provides guidance to Research England to confirm funding available to higher education providers, and Research England makes the funding allocations.
See funding allocations from 2022 to 2023.
See funding allocations from 2021 to 2022.
See funding allocations from 2020 to 2021.
See funding allocations from 2019 to 2020.
See funding allocations from 2018 to 2019 on the UK Government Web Archive.
See confirmation of quality related Global Challenges Research Fund (GCRF) allocations 2020 to 2021.
Other Research England funding
See funding decision data for:
- Connecting capability fund (CCF)
- Expanding excellence in England (E3) fund
- Research England development (RED) fund
- UK research partnership investment fund (UKRPIF)
- Higher Education Museums and Galleries (HEMG) fund
- International investment initiative (I3) fund
- UKRI world class laboratories fund.
Last updated: 4 August 2022