The following public sector research establishments are eligible to apply for specified programmes accepting applications from these types of organisations. This includes the Strategic Priorities Fund.
Eligible public sector research establishments include:
- Animal and Plant Health Agency
- Centre for Environment, Fisheries and Aquaculture Science
- Defence Science and Technology Laboratory
- Environment Agency
- Fera Ltd
- Forest Research
- Health and Safety Executive PSRE
- Joint Nature Conservation Committee (JNCC)
- Marine Scotland Science
- National Physical Laboratory
- Natural England
- Public Health England
- Science and Advice for Scottish Agriculture.
Potential eligible establishments
With the Department for Business Energy and Industrial Strategy, we have developed an initial list of public sector research establishments, not already classed as eligible, which could also potentially be able to bid for UKRI grant funding under selected programmes. This is in addition to the list of public sector research establishments already accredited as eligible.
The list of potential eligible establishments includes:
- Agriculture and Horticulture Development Board
- Agri-Food and Biosciences Institute
- Animal and Plant health agency
- Atomic Weapons Establishment
- Environment Agency
- Laboratory of the Government Chemist
- Met Office
- National Institute of Health and Care Excellence
- National Nuclear Laboratory
- Natural Resources Wales
- Northern Ireland Environment Agency
- Ordnance Survey
- Scottish Environment Protection Agency
- The Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (and subsidiary bodies, such as the National Institute for Biological Standards and Control)
- The UK Hydrographic Office
- UK Space Agency.
This list is not exhaustive. If your organisation is not listed but you believe it should be please contact us.
Inclusion in this list does not make the public sector research establishment eligible. You will still be required to apply for eligibility to receive UKRI grant finding and meet the criteria of the specific funding opportunity.