MRC reserves the right to amend any of the published dates for opening, closing, shortlisting and meetings. Please check regularly in case of any changes.
We highly recommend that you check the important information at the end of this page on:
- applicant responsibilities for the application process
- information related to closing, shortlisting and meeting dates
Opportunity closing date
It is your responsibility to ensure that:
- you apply to the correct MRC funding opportunity
- your application is submitted with adequate time to allow your research organisation to undertake all the necessary checks
- your host research organisation completes the final submission of the application before the date and time advertised within the funding finder opportunity
MRC reserves the right to reject any application that has been submitted to the incorrect MRC opportunity.
Late applications will not be considered.
Funding opportunity guidance
You must read the funding opportunity guidance before starting your application.
Unless otherwise indicated, MRC shortlisting of applications should take place four to five weeks before the meeting date.
Please do not contact us for a decision regarding an MRC application.
We will notify you by email with the outcome of your application as soon as operationally possible after the shortlisting meeting has concluded.
Following the conclusion of the funding decision meeting, MRC will endeavour to inform each applicant of the funding decision by email (funded and unfunded), within 10 working days.
If you have any questions regarding the correctness of any information published on this MRC timelines page, or you experience any difficulties navigating, please contact the Research Funding Policy and Delivery (RFPD) team.
We will be happy to help resolve issues related to our published content or page navigation.
The Research Funding Policy and Delivery (RFPD) team will provide a response to your email query within 10 working days.
Please do not email RFPD to request progress of a submitted application, as we are unable to provide this information.